Monday, March 02, 2009

Calling All Washington, D.C. Area J.Crew Aficionadas... Let's Do Brunch & Private Shopping!

You are invited to the J.Crew Aficionada Sunday Brunch on Sunday, March 29! If you missed our first big extravaganza -- the fabulous February movie night organized by the elegant Cleo26 -- this is your chance to meet and mingle with fellow D.C. area Aficionadas. For those of us who attended the last outing, let's bring the house down again!

Please leave me a comment and provide your email address so I can add you to the evite. Or, send me a private message on my Polyvore page.

The dress code will be (of course) J.Crew. At Slastena's suggestion, the theme will be Frilly Frocks. So don your girly garb, dab on your perfume, and join us for a brunch on the town!

And, get this: we've been invited by the J.Crew store in Pentagon City to a private wardrobing session! A J.Crew personal shopper has kindly offered to help us re-vamp our spring/summer wardrobe. She said to "Bring in clothes you are planning to wear this coming spring and summer and try them on with the clothes in the store. This would give you the opportunity to see which pieces incorporate best with your existing wardrobes... Our next collection comes out the last week of March (and should have more of the saturated colors everyone is anxious for)."

This is your chance to be a J.Crew VIP for a day and enjoy a divine brunch with some of D.C.'s best dressed girls, so don't miss it! Mark your calendar now for Sunday, March 29.

By the way -- male Aficionados are also welcome! Just wear a J.Crew ensemble.

I hope you can join us!


Update:
The Arlington-Pentagon City J.Crew store is excited to host the D.C. Aficionadas for a private wardrobing session on Sunday, March 29! The store will open early just for *us* so we can check out the season's newest arrivals - before anyone else. The J.Crew store associates and personal shopper will assist us in mixing the old with the new to help get us ready for the most stylish spring and summer ever! Light refreshments will be served. FYI - the store's manager has requested that we don't take photos inside the store. However, we are welcome to snap away in front of the store's entrance. We'll be sure to get some great group shots showing all our amazing purchases after we're done.

Here are the private shopping session details:

Event: Private Wardrobing Session
Date: Sunday, March 29
Time: 10:00 AM
Location: J.Crew, Pentagon City
1100 S. Hayes Street
Arlington, VA 22202

Nothing works up an appetite like great shopping! The private wardrobing session will be followed by brunch in the private dining room of the tasty Boulevard Woodgrill in Clarendon.

Here are the brunch details:

Event: D.C. Aficionada Sunday Brunch
Date: Sunday, March 29
Time: 1:00 PM
Location: The Boulevard Woodgrill, Clarendon
2901 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, Virginia 22201

Hopefully, you can join us for both events. But even if you can only come to one, we'd still love to see you!

Please RSVP on evite so I know how many people will attend brunch. If you have not yet received an evite, please leave me a comment in this post or send me a private Polyvore message.

I look forward to a fabulous day of shopping and brunch with you!

47 comments:

HeidiG said...

I just left a follow up to your post on Slastena's blog but wanted to be sure you saw it. I must have mis-typed because March 29 is totally fine with me. I am so excited about our outing!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info you gave me the other day on the Metallic Clea Herringbone Jacket. I tried to buy it and I placed the order then it was cancelled later, oh well, I will keep my eyes for it.
I love your blog. I found another blog from another JCrew fashionista, Slastena, and I cannot believe there are so many JCrew addicts in this area, I recently moved to Rockville and spend a lot of time in DC.
Keep on blogging...

3-Penny Princess said...

Heidi - I'm so glad you can make it after all! I did see your comment on Slastena's blog as well. I look forward to meeting you!

3-Penny Princess said...

Rosa, thanks so much for visiting again! I'm really glad you like my blog, too! I hope the info on the Clea was helpful. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you -- these things have a tendency to come back again and again, so you might still find it.

Yes, Slastena's blog is our daily virtual watering hole. We spend a lot of time there, and it already resulted on one fabulous get-together for the D.C. Aficonadas.

Will you be joining us for brunch? If so, send me your email address either through a private Polyvore message or post it in a comment so I can add you to the evite.

Welcome to our group!

Anonymous said...

I think I can make it for the brunch. My email is carrascora@gmail.com

Thanks

HeidiG said...

3-PP-When are you sending the evite? And are we JCrew-ing before or after brunch? I love the idea of the store opening early. Looking forward to meeting you, too. And I really need to get on Polyvore one of these days!

Rosa - welcome to Montgomery County! I've been here over 12 years and love it. Jill at the Montgomery Mall JC is my favorite SA - she's awesome!

HeidiG said...

I just went back to Slastena's blog and saw your last message. I never got the evite, so maybe someone else replied??? Weird.

My email is heidigant at verizon dot net. (It's Gant, not Grant, a lot of times, people mistype that)

jbird said...

I did respond to the e-vite, but I'd like to bring a "plus-one". She's a JCA too, but isn't a regular poster. I hope this is ok!

Also, could you send an e-vite to Anne G? Her email is annega at microsoft dot com. She's a fellow JCA and I don't think she RSVPd. Thanks sooo much for arranging things!

3-Penny Princess said...

Rosa,
Exciting! I do hope you can join us! I went ahead and sent you an evite, so you should be getting it shortly.

3-Penny Princess said...

HeidiG - I guess there is another Heidi Aficionada with a differnt email! I have added your email to the evite and you should be receiving it shortly. So sorry - thanks for the heads up! I definitely hope you'll be there!

3-Penny Princess said...

jbird - Thanks for the heads up! I've got AnneG on the list and she should have received her evite by now. Let me know if she hasn't yet. I look forward to meeting both of you!

3-Penny Princess said...

Does anyone know how to contact BirdE? I would love for her (and her J.Crew-loving friends) to join us this time.

BirdE -- if you're out there, please contact me so I can add you to the Brunch evite. I left a comment on your last blog post too.

Thanks!

MetropolitanMagnolia said...

I don't know if I qualify as a J. Crew Aficionada, but I'm in the metro Washington area and love J. Crew. I follow your blog, Heidi's and a few others. If newbies are welcome, I'd love to join in. serasmile @ gmail dot come. TY!

3-Penny Princess said...

MetropolitanMagnolia - you are definitely welcome! I'll send you an evite now. It will be great to meet you!

Amy said...

3PP, thanks so much for organizing!!! I can't wait! :)

dinagideon said...

Hey 3PP! I am there for both...thank goodness my dad lives halfway between PC and Clarendon...I can go take care of lil CW in between party #1 and party #2! :)

3-Penny Princess said...

Amy - I can't wait! And I'm really glad you can make it to this one! Looks like Alexandria will be well represented:)

3-Penny Princess said...

Excellent, dinagideon! I planned it that way on purpose:) LOL

But seriously, I'm beyond thrilled about this and it looks like we will have a big turnout. D.C. girls rock!

Anonymous said...

Thank you 3PP, I would love to meet other fashionistas. I am so excited.

Kate said...

I would love to be included.

nauticalbynature@gmail.com

3-Penny Princess said...

Kate - welcome! I added you to the evite. Look forward to meeting you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I posted this comment on the other blog, too, but was wondering how you got in touch with the store to organize this event.

Anonymous said...

i'd love to be included too -- my email is marchdc16 at aol dot com. thanks so much!

3-Penny Princess said...

marchdc (anon @ 12:18) - thanks for writing! I'm adding you to the evite. What would you like your name to be?

HeidiG said...

Question on the dual event and I am totally ignorant on NoVa geography since I'm in MoCo. I was thinking about metro-ing to Pent City. How close is Clarendon grill? Can I metro there also? Should I just drive to both?

3-Penny Princess said...

HeidiG - Pentagon City is about a 10-minute drive to Clarendon. Both are metro accessible, but if you want, you can metro to Pentagon City and I can drive you to Clarendon. I think there will be a lot of people driving as well as metroing, so those of us with cars can take the metro riders from Pentagon City to Clarendon. There is parking at both places, too (though Pentagon City parking may cost you $1.50-2.00 unless you buy something at Macy's or Nordstrom). Hope this helps! Let me know about any other transportation questions.

Lauren said...

Hi! I live in DC and heard about the brunch/shopping event on the JCA blog. I would love to go! My email is lauren.l.kirkpatrick at gmail!

I'm excited to meet everyone! Thanks for organizing such a great event!

Sweet Bea said...

Sounds like a blast - I'm in! SweetBeaBlogs@gmail.com. Thanks for arranging!

3-Penny Princess said...

Lauren and Sweet Bea - you're on the list! I just sent out your evites. Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to meeting you!

awojo said...

I would love to join you ladies on the 29th, sounds like a great time - adriennewojo@gmail.com

3-Penny Princess said...

awojo - got you on the list! Look for your evite shortly.

Christina said...

I love your blog too!!! I wish I could make the outing but I am going to be out of town that weekend. :( I am so bummed because it sounds like so much fun. Hopefully I will be able to make the next one.

Anonymous said...

Hi 3-Penny Princess--I left the message about buying/trading clothes on Slastena's blog. You and I are the same size--I am also a 0, XS, or P0/2, top and bottom. We should talk. I don't know how to leave you a private message on polyvore. Do you have an e-mail account you can share in this forum? TIA! Looking forward to being in touch.

Unknown said...

I would like to come. My email is dominiquedeveraux1@gmail.com. I look forward to joining you all.

3-Penny Princess said...

Hi Lesley, I sent you an evite. I look forward to meeting you!

K said...

aahhh!!! crap why do I have to work on sundays!!!! >.< this sounds like a fantastic event to meet fellow J Crew afficionadas.

dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dana said...

I would love to attend! It'll be great to meet some fellow D.C. J.Crew lovers. (Oops... forgot my email- it's d.nicoletti@gmail.com)

Anonymous said...

Hi :)

I would love to attend the J.Crew event... it sounds like it will be exciting. My email is s.q.v.wright@gmail.com. Please keep me posted.

Thanks,

Gina

Anonymous said...

I would love to attend both events! My fave things combined-- Brunching and JCrew.

Thanks for organizing :)

stephaniegent at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Count me in for both! cindy.cicarell@gmail.com

Thanks for organizing this!

HeidiG said...

3PP - Thanks for all the transportation info! i will plan to metro and then catch a ride to Clarendon. If you know of anyone coming from Montgomery County who wants to carpool or meet at metro, please let me know!

Anonymous said...

I would love to come and meet fellow JCA! So excited to meet all of you! My email is starrflyr13@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to come.

Kate

KOggenfuss@aol.com

Shannon said...

Hey Penny!

Not only do I love JCrew but I work as a Personal Shopper at the Reston Town Center location. I would love to host an event in April with you and other JCrew Aficionada's. Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in. You can email me at ShannonMJ35@gmail.com.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Shannon

awojo said...

Now have you checked to see if we will be eligible for the personal shopping 20% off of purchases over $125 deal that JC sent out last week?

http://jcrewaficionada.blogspot.com/2009/03/jcrew-email-flag-this-message-just-ask.html

3-Penny Princess said...

awojo - yes, thank you for bringing that up! I confirmed yesterday that the Pentagon City store has extended this offer to us during the private shopping event! I was getting ready to send a reminder email to attendees and also write an updated post for the event. Thanks for reminding me!